Friday, July 13, 2012

Worthy Cause

This past Tuesday, the Twilight Fandom lost a dear friend. Gisela (@Mad4Hugh) lost her life crossing a street in San Diego while waiting in line to be part of the first fans for the Twilight Panel at Comic Con that took place today, July 12, 2012.

I had the opportunity to meet Gisela in Las Vegas this past June for the TwiFic Meet Up and was lucky enough to spend quite a bit of time getting to know her.  We shared an evening walking the Vegas Strip with two other special friends, Lilly and Wendy and had breakfast together the last morning of the meet up.  She was funny, sweet and so, so kind.  Giseal was passionate about Twilight and had mad love for Robert Pattinson and Hugh Jackman. :-)

I know I, as well as many others, will miss her dearly.


This is Gisela with myself and Lilly on the strip.  Wendy took the photo.

As usual, when tragedy strikes or a worthy cause comes along, the masses of the Fandom unite.  It fills up my heart.  

Gisela's mother suffered from Alzheimer's Disease before her death and Gisela was her care-giver.  This fundraiser, in her name, will benefit the Alzheimer's Foundation.

I am donating signed copies of all three books in The Remembrance Trilogy as they publish.  I encourage you to join me in donating to this wonderful cause and pay tribute to one of our own, gone too soon.

Fandom 4 TwiFan G (Pls. donate here).

RIP Dearest Gisela....You will be sorely missed, but I know you are dancing (and watching Rob and Kristen at Comic Con) with the angels.  Best seat in the house!


I promise, we won't forget to remember you.   
My sincerest condolences to Gisela's family and friends.

Love, Always....and Peace...
~Kahlen

No comments:

Post a Comment